Mezinárodní vztahy / Czech Journal of International Relations is a peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes original research articles in the field of international relations. Our quarterly also invites contributions from other fields of social sciences that deal with international issues. Founded in 1966, our journal became the flagship of Czech IR and it now aims to strengthen the Czech voice in the global academic arena and provide excellent international researchers access to our readership in the Czech Republic and other countries. It invites contributions in English, Czech, and Slovak.
The journal Mezinárodní vztahy / Czech Journal of International Relations is published by the Institute of International Relations (IIR) in Prague, Czech Republic. The IIR is an independent public research institution which conducts scholarly research in the area of international relations. Its founder is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
Why publish in the Czech Journal of International Relations?
- It is a leading voice in Czech debates on international relations with a strong position in Central Europe.
- We have an experienced pool of reviewers, which combines experts on IR theories with regional specialists.
- We are open to a broad range of approaches – we were a pivotal journal in bringing new theoretical and methodological approaches to Czech IR and we are eager to continue in this tradition.
- Our careful editorial work – our editors work closely with both authors and reviewers and we aim to make the most of the articles submitted to our journal.
- Our fast review process – we aim for making our final decision on an article within three months of receiving it.
- We publish articles online ahead of print – your article will appear on our webpage as soon as it is approved, so you don’t have to wait for it to be assigned to an issue of the journal.
Mezinárodní vztahy / Czech Journal of International Relations is an open access journal. All our content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles and reviews, or use them for any other lawful purpose without asking for prior permission from the publisher or the author. These conditions are in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative definition of open access. Texts published in Mezinárodní vztahy / Czech Journal of International Relations are available under the licence Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0. Our journal does not apply article processing or submission charges.