The Czech Journal of International Relations (CJIR) is a peer-reviewed quarterly that publishes scholarly work in International Relations (IR), and also research based in other disciplines if its contribution is relevant for IR. The journal’s scope is not theoretically or geographically limited, yet it aspires to promote research that is pertinent to Central Europe (broadly conceived). Thus, the CJIR is the right place for publications about the international relations of Central Europe, European security, and European integration. Furthermore, the journal wishes to cultivate the general theoretical and empirical debate on international topics that resonate strongly in the Central European context, such as the renewed great power competition, small states, climate change, and migration in any part of the globe. While it strives to foster academic excellence in and support researchers from Central Europe, broadly defined, the journal welcomes contributions from all parts of the world and those addressing any aspect of international relations. The journal invites suggestions for special issues. It publishes peer-reviewed research articles, review articles and discussion articles as well as unrefereed reactions to the articles published in the journal and book reviews.
The journal is published by the Institute of International Relations (IIR) in Prague, Czech Republic. The IIR is an independent public research institution which conducts scholarly research in the area of international relations. Its founder is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
Why publish in the Czech Journal of International Relations?
- It is a leading voice in Czech debates on international relations with a strong position in Central Europe.
- We have an experienced pool of reviewers, which combines experts on IR theories with regional specialists.
- We are open to a broad range of approaches – we were a pivotal journal in bringing new theoretical and methodological approaches to Czech IR and we are eager to continue in this tradition.
- Our careful editorial work – our editors work closely with both authors and reviewers and we aim to make the most of the articles submitted to our journal.
- Our fast review process – we aim for making our final decision on an article within three months of receiving it.
- We publish articles online ahead of print – your article will appear on our webpage as soon as it is approved, so you don’t have to wait for it to be assigned to an issue of the journal.
Czech Journal of International Relations is an open access journal. All our content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles and reviews, or use them for any other lawful purpose without asking for prior permission from the publisher or the author. These conditions are in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative definition of open access. Texts published in Mezinárodní vztahy / Czech Journal of International Relations are available under the licence Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0. Our journal does not apply article processing or submission charges.